Immigaration Law

How To Apply For A Student Visa

Prospective students applying to academic programs should start contacting schools at least a year before they plan to start their studies. Most students submit between five and ten applications to many schools. After a student has been accepted to a school, the school will issue a Certificate of Eligibility form, more commonly called a SEVIS I-20. The school will complete this form. This form is the school’s official statement to the US government that the student has

Once the student receives the Form I-20, he/she should review the document and should there be any mistake, the student should send it back to the school for correction. If the student is under 18 years old, he/she should get the Form I-20 signed by a parent or guardian.

After receiving the Form I-20, the next step in the application process is to apply for a student visa (if the applicant is outside the US.) or apply for a “Change of Status” (if the applicant is already in the U.S.). It is recommended to start the student visa application or change of status process as far in advance as possible, but note that F and M visas will not be issued more than 120 days before the start-date as found on Form I-20.

Applying for a Visa or a Change of Status

Students applying to change their status will deal directly with USCIS. He/she should file Form I-539 Application to Extend or Change Non immigrant Status.

If a student has entered the US on a visitor visa and wants to change status to F-1 or M-1, he/she has to wait for the change of status application to be approved before starting the course of study else the application will be denied.

Applying for a Student Visa at a U.S. Consulate

A prospective student with a Certificate of Eligibility (SEVIS I-20) from a US school can apply for an F-1 or M-1 visa at a US consulate in his/her home country. The student must be physically present in order to apply.

Students generally can apply for a student visa up to 90 days before registration will begin at their school. Considering processing delays, it is better to apply as soon as possible within that 90-day period. Some consulates do accept student visa applications before the beginning of the 90-day period, to allow time for security clearances and other delays. Students have to contact the local US consulate regarding its application procedures. Many consulates insist on advance appointments. Just getting an appointment can take several weeks, so applicants should plan properly.

Once the student gets in touch with the consulate, he/she will have to complete the visa application

Form I-134 is used to ensure that while the foreign student is in the US, he/she will not become a public charge. The person who signs Form I-134 on behalf of the foreign student is called the “sponsor”. By signing Form I-134, the sponsor agrees to assume financial responsibility for the foreign student in the event that the student becomes unable to meet his/her living expenses.

Role of Business Immigration Lawyers!

Immigration law is a specialization that works for different types of clients, seeking immigration help, by government prosecutors, international corporations, and asylum-seeking immigrants. The purpose of various immigration (imgtn) firms is to simply the process of immigration and keep applicants away from several kinds of hurdles of complex immigration law.

Immigration legal representatives provide legal counsel to potential immigrants surrounded with a wide range of matters like obtaining visas, getting visas for businesses, obtaining non-immigrant visas and others to legitimately entering to the country. Immigration lawyers in NYC may be in private practice or provide services as a part of an international law form.

With the globalization of the U.S. economy, capital and investment movements, trade and transactions, the dissemination of knowledge, and migration of people are also boosted up. Moreover, many business organizations have an increasing need to bring capable and skillful foreign national professionals, executives, managers, investors, and performing artists to the USA. On the other hand, nobody would want to lose the chance to work and live in the land of open culture and wide opportunities, the US.

But business imgtn also has a wide range of issues such as job providers, who wish to bring foreign natives to work for their companies and sponsor them for permanent residence, transferring a business, inter-company transfers, filing appeals and documentation with state, federal, and local authorities.

A well-experienced and expert business imgtn attorney helps to address several kinds of legal matters related to international employment – both for employers and employees. However, many of these business immigration problems such as temporary work visa are common and short-term transactions, but other issues require considerable amount of time and patience to successfully go through them. In such difficult situations, an effective immigration legal representative must be there to closely analyze the various aspects of the case so that applicant can start work in his/her dream nation as soon as possible.

Comprehensive services of business immigration lawyers include:

Australia Skillselect Immigration Visa Service And Business Provisional Program

The concept of skill select is to run the various investors, business and skilled immigration program in an organized and extremely systematic way. It is an online service which is totally maintained with the help of department of immigration and citizenship Australia. This concept simplifies the task of migration for people who are interested to fly to Australia under the skilled visas. All they have to do is fill up the applications for the type of visa they want through online and submit the same. They would have to first submit the EOI form and then wait for the invitation as per the procedure. This system also prioritizes the application which has scored noticeable marks in the points system. The Australia Skillselect Immigration Visa Service And Business Provisional Program is a very smart way of handling the whole procedure of the visa processing.

Because of the new concept of Australia Skillselect Immigration Visa Service the whole processing of the applications and providing the visa to the eligible has become much faster and simpler. This is because of the prioritizing of the most bright and intelligent applications and that makes the jumping the queue possible. And hence lesser waiting time for all other applications. This also helps in faster serving to the scarcity of the skilled employees required all over the country. It also complies with the economic needs of the country and hence helps in the faster development of the nation. It also makes the dreams of qualified professionals and trade persons easy and provides them with the most desirable job profiles. It has also proved to be very advantageous to the job providers as they can full fill their regional skill scarcity.

The Business Provisional Program is available with the immigration program business innovation and investment (provisional) (subclass 188) visa. The eligibility of this visa is applied on invitation only. The person should be having a very good history of successful investment and a very good successful business history. This person should also have unlimited assets both in business and personally. Nomination by the territory or the state government is also must. Once they have been successful in submitting this application with accurate information they will be informed about the visa status. A successful visa holder of this category will be eligible to develop a new business in the country or establish a new business in the country. This specially means for the business stream of innovations.

This type of visa holder is also eligible for making a sound investment with any Australian territory or state government and this is possible in the investor stream. They can also invest a bulk amount of Australian dollar of 5 million. And this is possible in the stream of the significant investor which is available in this visa. The authorized websites provide information about who exactly can apply and what are the requirements for this visa in detail. The Australia Skillselect Immigration Visa Service And Business Provisional Program can be best utilized by interested investors or business men. There are many benefits provided to a visa holder of this category. There are provisions for more innovations for a creative businessman.