Injuries from fires in apartments and buildings can lead to devastating consequences. Property owners must maintain such buildings to ensure those living there have adequate protection against such loss. However, in many cases, this does not happen. In situations where it does not, individuals should seek a personal injury lawyer in NYC, who will aid in obtaining compensation for the loss.
Common Fire Hazards in Buildings and Apartments
– Lack of sprinkler systems
– Lack of warning devices of smoke, carbon monoxide or fire
– Lack of escape methods from the building
– Faulty wiring or electrical systems
– Poor maintenance and upkeep
These are just some of the potential risks for fire in apartment buildings and other structures. Most newer apartments and buildings have significant safeguard built into them, including methods to prevent fires from spreading. However, this is not the case in all situations.
Are You Concerned?
Are you concerned that your apartment management or leasing company has not taken the right measures to prevent fires? If so, contact our personal injury lawyer NYC team to discuss your situation.
How We Can Help
Our team can help you to ensure your home or business is protected. Aside from having proper insurance coverage to protect you as a renter, our personal injury lawyer NYC team can help you with especially if you have been injured due to the negligence of the owner.
– We can work with you and the insurance company for the owner to settle claims for damages you have suffered.
– We can help you to locate expert witnesses who can testify on the risks and fire safety measures not taken.
– We can help guide you through the process of filing a complaint against the apartment or building owner.
– If necessary, apersonal injury lawyer in NYC can represent you in a court of law so your case can be heard.
– If your business failed or lost money due to the losses from a preventable fire, we will help you to get compensation for your loss.
Hire Experienced Professionals
Fire and fire safety are two factors apartment and leasing agents and companies need to fully prepare for and prevent. If someone failed to do this in your situation, contact our team to find out if you have a case. Those injured as the result of someone else’s negligence may be entitled to compensation.
If you or someone you love has been the victim of a personal injury or accident, please contact Gersowitz, Libo & Korek, P.C. personal injury lawyers serving injured victims in New York and New Jersey at 800-LAW-9997.